Bloggers.com

Jessica - Find me on Bloggers.com
Powered by Blogger.

Simple Honesty vs. Brutal Honesty

 Thursday, February 17, 2011

I want to start this blog off by saying a few things...This blog is where I come to express my thought, feelings, and anything else that runs through my mind...I don't write to please anyone other than myself...If for some reason what I write offends you..I'm sorry..but let it be said again..I don't write to please anyone other than myself...I am not a fiction writer..I write about what I know...and what I know is my real life experiences...With that said..let the rest of my blog begin...

I was accused of being "Too Honest" in my last post...so that actually got me to thinking...First, is there a such thing as being too honest? Or is it just a mixed message of "Simple Truth vs. Brutal Truth"?

You see,  Simple Truth is defined as: plain truth...meaning you tell the truth without giving a detailed description...It is much more of a cushioned approach..your giving enough of the details to get your point across without going into to much emotion...

When you start talking about "Brutal Truth" the definition gets a bit more detailed...Brutal Truth is defined as:  to tell the truth to the point where it might hurt the other person...meaning you pull no punches..there is no cushion...

Which leads me to my last question...Is there a such thing as being "too honest"?? What I fail to understand is what is so wrong with honesty? Yeah, it hurts sometimes..but in the end..it's real..it's raw...and its the one thing you can stand on stable ground with...If you have a relationship built on lies and "omitted" truths the ground beneath you will crumble and the fall will be 10 times harder...

My last blog was "Simple Truth" at its finest..I didnt go into as much detail as I could have...not every memory that I have of my childhood or adolecencse is "Roses & Rainbows"...but is everyone's?? Just because my memories are not as horrible as some does not make my feelings and memories any less important or painful...

Only in the last year have I started to actually realize that I am validated in the feelings that I have...others may not be ready to stand and face the music..but I for one am tired of living in a world that is fabricated with "false truths"..and people hiding behind there feelings "in order to keep the peace"... You are taught from birth that "Honesty is the best policy" and to always say what your feeling...but as soon as you put a little grain of truth in your words..people retract...

So..in closing...tell me the truth..always be honest with me...I may not like what you have to say..and I'm pretty sure it will hurt like hell...but here's the thing...I will get over it...I will take it heart..I will apply it...and I will respect you more for it...and when it's over..I will thank you for making me a stronger person...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP