Bloggers.com

Jessica - Find me on Bloggers.com
Powered by Blogger.

Small Things...

 Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Do me a favor...

Stop for a couple minutes and ask yourself this question.. "What makes me happy?" Now, I'm not looking for your typical deep meaning and over analyzed answer's... What I'm looking for is a quick simple list of things that make you smile and give you that giddy feeling in the pit of your stomach...that thing that gives you that extra "Umphh" in your step... Ok..now..think about it...

At the beginning of the year I started this new thing..I guess you could call it a "New Years Resolution"..(even though I hate those things)...but it's more than just a resolution that I make at the beginning of the year and then by mid February fall off the band wagon and promise to do better next year..It's a promise to myself...

I promised myself that at some point in the day that I was going stop and do something that made me happy..something that made a small slow smile creep up on my face...sometimes I even giggle at myself because of how silly it is...but I think that's what this about..I wanted to slow down and remember the small things in life that can bring me happiness...and if only for that small minute or two, I forget all my worries..all my stresses and all my tasks...and in that moment, I am simply happy...

When I say small things...I really do mean small...just yesterday morning as I was about to fix my morning coffee, I noticed that I was about out and it was time to open the new tin of coffee that I had bought at the grocery store..at this point I got excited. The reason why...because I love peeling off the silver seal and getting that first fresh smell of ground coffee...small thing, yes..I know..but it made me smile and for a moment made me happy...

It doesnt take much really...there are things around us everyday that make us happy..we just simply ignore them...and why?? It's ridiculously silly when you get down to the nitty gritty...we all make excuses..but why are we making excuses about why we ignore the small things in life that give us simple joy?? We all need to slow down..enjoy life..go dance in the rain with your children..go jump in that mud puddle and worry about how to get the mud out of the clothes later...go walk barefoot in your yard and enjoy the feel of soft grass under your feet...smile at the fact that your laying on the cold side of the pillow...Sing along at the top of your lungs with your favorite song...enjoy that first sip of coffee in the morning and savore it...hold onto your son or daughter for just a second longer at bedtime and give them a extra squeeze...laugh at that corny joke that you have heard a million times...stop at the store and get your favorite type of bubble gum...take a walk with your husband or wife and hold hands...take a million pictures...buy that ridiculous looking dress that noone else likes but you and wear it proudly...because before we know it...we are all going to be in our 70's and 80's and wishing to God we could get this time back to enjoy...Now go make that list.. :)

Oh..in case your wondering what I did this morning to make me smile...It's simple...I danced around my bathroom while singing at the top of lungs  "Don't Stop Believing" by Journey... =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Blog template by simplyfabulousbloggertemplates.com

Back to TOP